Noxious Weeds

 Cody Renkoski 308-203-1454

301 Illinois Street, Sidney, NE, United States

Renkoski Property


About Noxious Weeds:
In the state of Nebraska there are 12 weeds considered as Noxious weeds they are:

Canada Thistle
Musk Thistle
Plumeless Thistle
Leafy Spurge
Sericea Lespedeza
Japanese Knotweed
Giant Knotweed
Purple Loosestrife
Salt Cedar
Spotted Knapweed
Diffuse Knapweed

The term "noxious" means to be harmful or destructive, and is the legal term used to denote a destructive or harmful pest for the purpose of regulation. When a specific pest is determined to pose a serious threat to the economic, social, or aesthetic well-being of the residents of the state, it may be declared noxious by the Director of the Nebraska Department of Agriculture.

Noxious weeds compete with pasture and crops, reducing yields substantially. Some noxious weeds are poisonous or injurious to man, livestock, and wildlife. The losses resulting from noxious weed infestations can be staggering, costing residents millions of dollars due to lost production. This not only directly affects the landowner, but erodes the tax base for all residents of the state. The business of noxious weed control is everyone's concerns, and their control is to everyone's benefit. The support of all individuals within the state is needed and vital for the control of noxious weeds within Nebraska.

Cody Renkoski serves as Weed Superintendent for Morrill, Box Butte and Grant Counties. The Weed Superintendent is responsible for assisting taxpayers on weed control issues and plant identification, enforcement of the Noxious weed act, preparing and submitting all required annual reports to the Nebraska Department of Agriculture. State Statues require control of noxious weeds. A landowner that does not meet this requirement will be contacted. If they choose not to control noxious weeds, the Weed Superintendent can force control, or spray the property and the costs will be assessed to the landowners property taxes.

Complaints about noxious weeds in Morrill, Box Butte, or Grant County can be made by calling the Weed Superintendent's office

at (308) 203-1454.