Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for handling / mixing and applying Chemical and fertilizer.
· Must be able to efficiently handle a tractor.
· Complies with all applicable OSHA, EPA and FDA rules and regulations.
· Available to work extended hours to meet business demands during spray season.
· Travel commitment varies based on contracted jobs.
· Able to work independently as well as follow directions with close attention to detail.
· Able to read maps and mapping software as needed.
· Responsible for upkeep and repairs of the application equipment they operate.
· Assists in the maintenance of buildings, equipment and vehicles.
· Responsible for chemical inventory control and recordkeeping of chemical usage.
· Maintain records per company protocol.
· Maintain work area, chemical storage area and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
· Responsible to pass tests and maintain all necessary certificate, licenses and registrations as required for each job.
· Drives and operates multiple pieces of equipment and implements
· Prior work-related experience required (mowing, weed control)
· Accurately completes all reporting
· General mechanical ability is preferred
· Must be a quick learner and can multi-task
· Able to utilize technology; GPS, Smart phone, tablets/laptops
· Ability and willingness to travel based on contracted job
· Self-directed individual with trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated strong work ethic, exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Adaptability in an ever-changing environment
· Prioritization skills
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Must pass background test
· Drug Free Work
Job Title: Vegetation Management Heavy Equipment Operator